Build Your Custom Floating Shelves
Please use inches only
Like everything made here at Walnut Wood Works, all of our shelves are hand crafted to order.
Please allow approximately ~3-4 weeks for completion!
We use only premium Appalachian Hardwoods including Black Walnut, Hard Maple, White Oak, and Mountain Cherry.
Our shelves are constructed using our signature Butcher Block style in 2" thickness.
Choose your Wood Species
- Deep chocolate brown coloration
- Playful Grain Patterns
- Moderate Color Variation
- Ages extraordinarily well, scratches and dings take on a darker rich color that over time only adds to the beauty of the top.
- Neutral Light Brown Coloration
- Heavy Open Grain Pattern
- High Durability, the predominant species in the Hardwood Flooring industry
- Neutral Blonde Coloration
- Tight Closed Grain
- Traditionally what Butcher Blocks have been made from throughout history
- Strawberry Blonde Coloration
- Tight Closed Grain
- Darker streaks in the grain
Heavy Duty Brackets
By utilizing our HD brackets our shelves have extreme weight capacities for your most demanding applications:
- Heavy Dishes and Glassware in the Kitchen
- Mountains of your favorite books
- Solid wood Mantles
- Anything else you can think up!
Ready To Install
That means the solid wood shelves are drilled to accept the included bracket so they slide right on, and the back of the shelf is recessed to cover the bracket backplate. This makes your install a piece of cake!
Conversion Varnish Finish
Our highest end finish offering, CV offers 100% waterproof protection for the most demanding shelf applications.
Ultra hard and durable for a lifetime of beauty.
All shelves are a satin sheen for that perfect mix of earthy and modern.
That's why all of our shelves ship free, all day every day.
Installing your Floating Shelves
Because all of our floating shelves come with their own brackets, installing them is a job that almost anyone can do. And the brackets are all custom made with only the best technique and materials, so you do not have to worry about any part of your new purchase being anything less than the highest quality. What follows are some tips for installing your new floating shelves.
- When choosing the placement for your brackets, note that they are best mounted in studs or blocking.
- Install the brackets first, according to stud placement, and following the method detailed on this page.
- If you opted for pre drilled holes just slide the shelf on, stand back and admire your handiwork!
- Otherwise drill the holes in your shelf using the Drill Guide Kit.
- This will make installation a breeze, and eliminates the need for a drill press.
- That’s it, you are ready to slide on your shelf!
- You can apply construction adhesive to the rods before installing the shelf for a permanent mount, although we rarely find it necessary.